Tag Archive for 'Ubuntu'

What if The Matrix ran on Windows

LOL! A wonderfull start into that grey Tuesday.

Thanks, Volker!

Lotus Notes 8.5 Beta 2 on Ubuntu

Lotus Notes 8.5 Beta 2 on Ubuntu

Just installed Lotus Notes 8.5 Beta 2 on my Ubuntu machine while holding a telephone conference. The Debian installer worked like a charm – I even did not have to uninstall the Beta 1. Rebooted. Done.

First impression: Start up much faster. All bugs I have noticed in Beta 1 are gone now. Lotus Sametime plugin is now running properly while in Beta 1 the chat window did not open at all.

One strange thing: there is no location awareness in this release, even in the preferences for Sametime there is no tab for „Geographic Location“ settings. Can not see any reason why they removed it. Maybe the 8.5 client checks if my backend Sametime server has the right version and is location aware?

Anyway. Notes 8.5 seems to be very robust. I even had no crashes in the first Beta release. Lets start working with it.

Watching TV on Ubuntu

I don’t have a TV at home. Neither at work. I don’t miss it most of the time.

In case I want to watch the Olympics I have now Zattoo on my Ubuntu desktop.

Zattoo offers 189 Channel. 69 German channels. Probably 99% bullshit content. For the remaining 1% Zattoo is a perfect solution.